Monday, May 24, 2010

Friends from the past

My old classmates from grade school (1973) have found each other through Facebook. It has been fun to reconnect. Quite a group and perhaps since I grew up in Los Angeles, it is not surprising there are actors and producers and Disney and Universal execs in the group, even a winemaker (how cool is that), as well as folks like myself doing work we enjoy, but certainly wouldn't call a vocation.

And the kids! Everyone seems to be more fertile than barren me. It does make me sad in some ways, for all I have missed; but I also know that I appreciate the life I live and the experiences it provides.

Sadly two of our classmates have passed away, and one of them Steve Bolla was a good friend. I guess after 37 years, it is not surprising, but it doesn't make it any less of a reminder to appreciate the time we are given.

There is a reunion planned for August that I will be missing, but I am sure it will be a blast.

No comments: