What I Believe
- God holds all in His hands, upholding, enabling every moment.
- We truly receive all from God's hands.
- Like Milarepa, we can and must learn from ALL things.
- Chafetz Chaim is right, we need to truly watch our tongues every moment of every day and not use them to ridicule, disparage or embarrass anyone.
- We are loved. We are God's children. We are sanctified. All people, all life.
- Humility before wisdom, before Scripture is true wisdom.
- We need a Halachah to help us understand our role as receivers of the gift of life.
- Since the "Torah is not in heaven," we have a duty to create chiddushin (novel interpretations), to continuously interpret from within the tradition with complete reverence and humility.
- We are here to learn, grow and give.
- Like Ronald Johnson's Ark, we must bring everything into the poem that we create of our lives.
What would you add?