Friday, March 24, 2006

A new blog -- A Rhizome Spirit

I have started another blog called, A Rhizome Spirit. It provides a more wide-ranging discussion of what I call "rhizeomss and holzwege of love and spirit."

The word "rhizome" comes from Gilles Deleuze and Felix Guattari and represents something that is always on the move, always learning and changing. It "has no beginning or end; it is always in the middle, between things" and "any point of a rhizome can be connected to anything other, and must be." Which is very different from a "tree or root," "which plots a point, fixes an order. . . . A rhizome ceaselessly establishes connections"

The word "holzwege," which comes from Heidegger and represents forest paths made by backwoods loggers leading to a place in the forest from which trees have been removed. In some ways these paths can be seen as leading "nowhere," or they can be seen as leading to a clearing in the forest.

Since my interests include a number of areas and issues, I think this new site will give me that flexibility.

And of course a huge and most wonderful collection of rhizomes and holzwege is the Talmud itself, which is one of the key reasons I am so attracted to it. So, I plan to continue to keep this site up as well.

No comments: